On 29 March, World Watch Monitor reported that a teenage girl, detained in Cameroon when authorities discovered she was carrying explosives, claimed she was one of the nearly 300 girls kidnapped two years ago from her school in Chibok, Nigeria. Today, the BBC is reporting that Nigerian officials say the girl is not a Chibok kidnapping victim. The report does not indicate the girl’s actual circumstances.
- ‘I must denounce this wickedness openly’ – detained Chinese pastor
- Pakistan joins US list of worst religious freedom violators
- Indian Christians heave sighs of relief as Hindu nationalists lose elections in key states
- Egypt: Copt sentenced to three years in prison for ‘blasphemous’ Facebook post
- Indonesian Christian governor Ahok set for early release from prison